LEARN, Lanka Education and Research Network of Sri Lanka (NREN) in Sri Lanka has joined hands with ICE (Indonesia Cyber Education institute) to provide online educational courses free of charge for the undergraduate students of Sri Lanka. This is a tremendous opportunity for Sri Lankan undergraduates who are willing to enhance their knowledge in subject areas or seek new knowledge. This is totally a free opportunity available for a limited number of students. The courses are offered by edX (https://www.edx.org/), Coursera (https://www.coursera.org/) , and ICE-I (https://icei.ac.id). Upon the successful completion of the courses, you will be granted a valid certificate. You can find the full course catalogues at https://sites.google.com/view/forsrilanka/catalog .
What is LEARN?
Lanka Education And Research Network is the NREN (National Research and Education Network) of Sri Lanka, which interconnects Educational and Research institutions across the country, and provides network-related services to them.
A National Research and Education Network (NREN) is usually a specialized Internet Service Provider dedicated to supporting the needs of the research and education communities within a country and it is distinguished by support for a high-speed backbone network, often offering dedicated channels for individual research projects.
We currently interconnect all of the UGC-funded state universities, a number of public universities under other ministries, the University Grants Commission, the Ministry of Higher Education, and a number of national research institutions including the National Science Foundation (NSF).
What is ICE?
The Indonesia Cyber Education Institute, also known as the ICE Institute, is a digital marketplace for quality online courses in Indonesia. The main objective of the ICE Institute is to facilitate the provision of quality education while ensuring the quality of online learning and distance education services.
The application deadline for the courses is on 28th February 2023 at 12.00noon.
The courses are expected to be finished by 31st July 2023.
How to apply?
- Before create the eduID and fill the application form please go through the guide here ICE Course registration guide
- To apply, first you need to have an eduID to register as an applicant. If you do not have an eduID you can create one at https://eduid.lk/
- Once you have created an eduID, find eduID services at https://eduid.lk/service.php
- Go down to find and click “eduID Services” you can see the below list and at the bottom, you can find “ICE
- . Upon clicking “ICE” you will be directed to the Application form to fill in order to apply for the courses.
- If you are selected for the program, you will receive an email to the Outlook account linked to your eduID.
- You can then enroll and follow courses from edX (https://www.edx.org/ ), Coursera (https://www.coursera.org/) or ICE (https://icei.ac.id). One student can enroll into maximum 3 courses at the moment.
- At the successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate.
Team LEARN support is available for any clarifications only during office hours (8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.) only on WhatsApp – 0743703319.
LEARN - ICE Registration Form
1) Outlook e-mail linked to eduID
Please fill-up your email that is registered with eduID
Kindly select your Gender from the dropdown list
3) WhatsApp phone number
Please fill-up your mobile number which is enable with WhatsApp facility (e.g., +9477223344566)
Kindly select your university from the dropdown list
5) Faculty (Please select the faculty which proximate to your current field of study )
Kindly pick the faculty or your field of study from the list given, if your faculty or field of study is not listed here, please tick and mention it under “Other”
(Please fill the form in BLOCK LETTERS using correct faculty name)
6) Year in the University
Kindly select from the list your current university study year
7) Semester in the University
Kindly select from the list your current university semester
8) Current GPA
Please select your current GPA from the given list. You need to select the range which is relevant to your GPA. If your institute is not calculating/providing GPA, please select “GPA is not provided by Institute”
9) Area of study interest
Please tick the areas that you are interested in study under this platform. If you are interest area is not specified in the list given in the form, please specify it under “Other”. (Please fill the form in BLOCK LETTERS using correct study area)
10) Why do want to follow these courses?
Kindly elaborate why you are interested to follow these courses in this platform.